Beginning on November 3, 2021 through December 31, 2021, vaccinated employees or those with valid vaccine exemptions who test positive for COVID-19 using a PCR (non-rapid) test are eligible for up to 10 days (no more than 80 hours) of COVID-19 leave to use in place of an employee’s own leave or leave without pay to recover from COVID-19. This leave is available to State regular, temporary and contractual employees of SPMS and MDOT.
To receive the leave, employees must:
- be fully vaccinated prior to usage of COVID-19 leave (i.e. received 2 doses of Pfizer/Moderna, or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson, in addition to any required boosters);
- provide proof of vaccination or proof of vaccine exemption to HR before leave will be approved;
- provide a positive PCR, non-rapid test result for COVID-19; and
- submit required documentation to HR by the end of the pay period that follows the pay period employee is requesting COVID-19 leave. (Timekeepers will restore previously recorded leave and record use of COVID-19 leave after required documentation has been submitted. Timekeepers will not make adjustments for employees who do not turn in required documents by the end of the pay period following the pay period leave is requested.)
- COVID-19 leave must be taken consecutively and used in full-day blocks; however, an employee is not required to use all 10 days at once.
- COVID-19 leave is only available to employees who have tested positive using a PCR (non-rapid) test and are recovering from COVID-19. Employees may not use this leave to care for a member of their household, or for childcare purposes.