Contract Management Division
Sherreon Washington, Director
301 W. Preston Street, Suite 705
Baltimore, MD 21201
The Contract Management Division
(CMD) was established in late 2019 and is the newest division to the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits (OPSB) under the Department of Budget and Management (DBM). The CMD is a high quality, diverse multi-disciplined team of contract, procurement, fiscal and administrative professionals with an adept knowledge of the Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) process.
Our VISION is to ensure contracts are developed to promote prime bidding opportunities, grow competitiveness, and expand small business opportunities for the Maryland Business Enterprise (MBE), Veteran-Owned Small Business Enterprise (VSBE), and Small Business Reserve (SBR) program, where applicable.
Our MISSION is to work with all levels of procurement professionals toward mission critical objectives such as establishing timelines, determining solicitation types, cost effectiveness and timely solicitation of awards. The Division simultaneously works with the OPSB Programmatic Business Owners and stakeholders to successfully craft an efficient contract Scope of Work (SOW) through logical scope writing to provide clear and concise terms and conditions. Through consolidated strategic planning with stakeholders, the Division strives to cohesively align with the following:
- Maintain a transparent and consistent contracting environment;
- Utilize industry standards, applicable laws, regulations, and policies;
- Use market research to identify innovative methods to improve the Division’s internal contract processes and technology, modernize contract language and reduce the administrative burden to stimulate wide participation from diverse, small and large business communities in our contracting opportunities;
- Collaborate with the Department’s MBE liaison as it relates to established SOW and service level agreements for MBE, VSBE, and SBR opportunities; and
- Place emphasis on the achievement of measurable results, accountability, efficiency, and the continuous improvement of State contracted services.
The Division maintains the highest level of customer service, ethics and integrity.