Maryland Stadium Authority
MSA ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Contractual)
Announcement #: AdminSpec-052021
Hiring Range: $15.00+ depending upon relevant experience.
Status: Contractual, non-benefitted
Agency Division: M&T Facilities
Location: M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore City.
Closing Date: Open until filled
NATURE OF WORK
Administrative Specialist assists in monitoring invoices, work orders, employee schedules, and data that has been entered into the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System). Employees in this class do not supervise. Employees in this classification receive supervision from a higher-level administrator.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
• Opens, sorts and distributes incoming correspondence, invoices and project related documents.
• Reviews vendor invoices for accuracy and works with vendors to solve any outstanding issues.
• Reviews purchase order requests and compares expenditures with budget appropriations; prepares and reviews monthly budget reports.
• Researches vendor, pricing and manufacturer information for miscellaneous materials.
• Reviews maintenance personnel’s work order for errors, makes corrections and additions as needed.
• Reviews maintenance personnel’s work schedule for accuracy.
• Maintains data in the CMMS system.
• Consults with project managers and executive officials regarding policies, trends and interpretation of data and program needs.
• Formats, proofreads and distributes documentation including correspondence, agreements/contracts, drafts, memos and emails and CMMS entries.
• Performs other office support duties such as logging and tracking, photocopying, filing etc. as assigned and required.
• Maintains electronic and hard copy filing system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of English usage;
• Knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information;
• Knowledge of basic analytical principles and techniques;
• Knowledge of the nature and function of organizations, organization charts, staffing patterns, and work-flow diagrams;
• Knowledge of basic statistical procedures and techniques;
• Ability to prepare and present reports;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public;
• Ability to learn an agency’s purpose, programs, organization and procedures;
• Ability to collect, compile, code, edit, classify, and tabulate statistical and qualitative data;
• Ability to prepare and present ideas and information clearly and concisely.
Education: High School diploma or GED certification.
Experience: Two (2) years of administrative support experience to include CMMS data maintenance.
Note: Candidates may substitute the required education with three years of related experience in administrative, para-professional work and CMMS maintenance.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
• Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends.
• Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; and to verbally communicate to exchange information
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via mail or e-mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2 – Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to email@example.com with the Announcement Number AdminSpec-052021 in the subject line.
Option 3 – Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number AdminSpec-052021
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560 (Toll free 1-877-637-8234).
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.