Maryland Stadium Authority
Announcement Number: PROJCOOR08-19
Agency Division: Capital Projects Development Group (CPDG)
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Hiring Range: $25-28+/hourly based on experience
Status: Contractual and Full-time
Closing Date: Open until filled
NATURE OF WORK
An MSA Project Coordinator is the intermediate level of work involving compliance, specifically
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Prevailing Wage for the Capital Projects Procurement
and Compliance business unit of CPDG. Employees in this classification do not directly
supervise but may provide advice and guidance to other staff and consultants. Employees in
this classification receive general supervision and direction from a designated higher level
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The
omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar,
related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Monitors compliance through database
• Monitors various reports and reporting timelines among all parties
• Monitors electronic software systems; updated certified payroll submissions and MBE
payment tracking for multiple projects/programs
• Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned andrequired
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, ABILITIES & KEY COMPETENCIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or
to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks.)
• Ability to research and analyze data/statistics
• Ability to use computers and software related to maintaining compliancedata
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the employees,
colleagues and representatives of other entities
• Ability to be adaptable and to help improve processes
• Knowledge of generally accepted contract compliance standards and practices
• Knowledge of the principles of internal control
• Knowledge of business administration and management practices
• Skill in analyzing automated and manual records, reports and other business documentsand
finding details and facts pertinent to the assignment
• Skill in determining compliance or noncompliance with the provisions of statutesand
• Skill in preparing accurate and concise work papers and reports
• Skill in communicating ideas and information
• Skill in managing work time efficiently and effectively under deadlines
• Working knowledge of Maryland State MBE and SBR programs
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential
job functions assigned to the position.
Education: High School diploma or GED certification. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft
Office: Word & Excel preferred.
Experience: At least two years of work in contract, compliance, accounting, or procurement
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 24 credit hours in businessrelated courses. Candidates may substitute the required education with five years of related
experience in administrative, para-professional work.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office setting with frequent travel to
worksite locations to perform project management. Employee may be required to be present
indoors or outdoors in areas of extreme heat or cold. The noise level of the work environment is
usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee
may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an
office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to operate office equipment
requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer
keyboards; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized
equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via e-mail or mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the
link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2 - Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to
email@example.com with the Announcement Number PROJCOOR08-19 in the subject
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be
completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560, or
toll free 1-877-637-8234. TTY users may call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed
to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s
45 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
300-301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Toll Free (800) 705-3493