Salary Range: $25.00 ¬$28.00 per hour. Commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: August 30, 2012
*If you have applied for this position since April 2012, you need not re¬apply.
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is at the forefront of consumer protection. There are approximately 1,600 insurance companies and more than 135,000 insurance producers that conduct business in the State of Maryland, which directly impacts Maryland citizens who purchase insurance products. The MIA fosters a business environment that is conducive to meeting the many needs of the insurance consumer, the insurance company, and internal customers.
The Maryland Insurance Administration’s Insurance Fraud Division is recruiting for the contractual position of Investigator. This is a civilian investigative position in which the employee conducts detailed criminal and administrative investigations into allegations of insurance fraud and related violations. Duties include the interviewing of witnesses and suspects, collection and analysis of documentary and other evidence, the preparation of reports, affidavits, criminal and administrative charges and casebooks, and interaction with prosecutors and attorneys, law enforcement agencies, insurance carriers, court personnel and witnesses. Statewide travel via automobile and court and administrative hearings testimony are involved.
This position requires:
• Minimum of five (5) years of detailed fraud investigatory experience, e.g., complex white collar, financial fraud, insurance fraud.
• Court or hearing testimonial experience and experience working with attorneys.
• Excellent writing, communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designations, college degree & college course work in criminal justice or fraud are preferred.
• Valid driver’s license required.
We offer meaningful and challenging work, a competitive contract rate based on experience, and an optional benefits package for purchase that includes health, dental and life insurance plans, as well as tax¬deferred 401k/457 plans. We encourage and assist employees to pursue relevant professional training and participate with professional organizations.
For immediate consideration, send your packet that MUST include:
1. The position for which you are applying in the subject line of the e¬mail.
2. A cover letter stating your interest, salary history and salary requirement.
3. A professional resume.
Incomplete applicant packets will not receive consideration. Salary information must be provided.