A Manager in Workday is defined as a person with one or more direct reports. Employees logged into SPS Workday with the role of Manager or Supervisor will have additional security access, worklets, and business processes compared to the people with the basic role of Employee. These differences will give Managers or Supervisors access to information about their direct reports, such as the ability to view employee’s job details, review and approve time sheets and time off, view their team’s time off calendar, leave balances, etc..
Managers will have the ability to:
- Submit their own timesheets for approval
- Submit their own time off request for approval
- Review and approve the timesheets of direct staff
- Review and approve the timesheets of the staff of a subordinate Manager(s) (as the Manager’s Manager)
- Review, Approve, Send Back or Deny Leave Requests for future dates
- View Team Time Off Calendar
- Add Bilingual Pay, On-Call Pay and/or Shift Differential Pay for their team (For Agencies where it is applicable)
As you explore Workday, you should familiarize yourself with your Inbox, Worker Profile, and Team Directory. Below there is information on: online training, commons tasks and Job Aids to help get you started.