Displaced Employees: How Do I Find Another State Job?

What are my employment possibilities with the State now that I have been separated?

Laid-off or separated employees may call, write or visit the Department of Budget & Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Recruitment and Examination Division for assistance in identifying employment opportunities.  Please address requests for assistance to the Department of Budget & Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, 301 West Preston Street, Room 608, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.  The telephone number is 410-767-4850, or the toll free number is 1-800-705-3493.  TTY users may call the Maryland Relay Service at 1-800-735-2258, or dial 7-1-1.

Employment & Career Advisory Service

The Recruitment and Examination Division will offer employment and career advisory services to individuals who, as a result of lay-off or separation, or a pending layoff or separation, are interested in finding alternative employment in Maryland State government.  Individuals will meet with Recruitment and Examination Division staff for assistance in identifying positions for which they may qualify for the purpose of transfer and/or reinstatement.  Individuals will also be informed of other positions for which they appear to qualify and may apply.  Services are available by appointment only.  To schedule an appointment, please call 410-767-4932.  A State application or resume should be completed and brought to the appointment.

How do I find out about examination announcements?

The best source of current job postings is our Current Recruitments web page.