Task Order Preparation, Selection and Award Process for Audit Services Master Contract (ASMC)
The following outlines the steps for preparing, selecting and awarding work for DGS Audit Services Contract. Actual details of any specific TORFP may vary, but should follow these general procedures.
Part 1: Starting the TORFP
- The Requesting Agency obtains a copy of the ASMC TORFP template in Microsoft Word on the ASMC website.
- The Agency obtains a TORFP number in ADPICS by preparing a Reference Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) release against the Audit Services Master Contract BPO (001B1600067).
- The Agency is responsible for assigning a Task Order Manager (TOM) and Task Order Procurement Officer (PO). The Agency PO and TOM may be the same person.
- The Agency identifies the MBE goal for the TORFP. The Master Contract (MC) has an aggregate goal of 30%. However, it is the responsibility of the Agency to determine the MBE percent participation appropriate for its particular audit SOW. The Agency will complete a MBE-PRG form and subgoal worksheet and submit this information to the DGS-OSP PRG team (DGS.OSP-PRG@maryland.gov) at the time it prepares the draft TORFP.
- The Agency identifies the VSBE goal for the TORFP. The Master Contract (MC) has an aggregate goal of 5%. However, it is the responsibility of the Agency to determine the VSBE percent participation appropriate for its particular audit SOW. The Agency will complete a VSBE-PRG form and subgoal worksheet and submit this information to the DGS-OSP PRG team (DGS.OSP-PRG@maryland.gov) at the time it prepares the draft TORFP.
- The Agency is also responsible for determining:
- The applicable Living Wage tier under Title 18 of the State Finance and Procurement Article of the Maryland Annotated Code. (See RFP Section 4.28, TORFP Section 3.17 and TORFP Attachment F.)
- If federal funds are being utilized for this TO; if so, the resulting TOA requires the awarded MC to submit the Federal Funding Acknowledgement (See RFP Section 4.29, TORFP Section 3.18, and TORFP Attachment G).
- If a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement is required for this TOA. (See RFP Section 4.32, TORFP Section 3.21, and TORDP Attachment J).
- If the estimated price for the TO will be valued at $2.0M or more; if so, the resulting TOA requires the awarded MC to submit the Location of the Performance of Services Disclosure (See RFP Section 4.35, TORFP Section 3.22, and TORFP Attachment L).
- If a TOA will include a DHS Hiring Agreement; if so, the awarded MC will be required to complete the agreement. (See RFP Section 4.36, TORFP Section 3.23, and TORFP Attachment O)
- The Agency then drafts the TORFP, determining the work requirements, and plans and establishes the estimated schedule for the project and award. The plans should include a pre-TOP conference, a reasonable time period for MCs to prepare a TOP to the TORFP, and a reasonable time period to evaluate all TOPs that are received.
- In drafting the TORFP, the Agency should address each area of the TORFP template. The Procurement Officer's assistance in drafting the SOW is available via email or telephone.
- The Agency submits its Draft TORFP to DGS for review to (DGS.OSP-Requisitions@maryland.gov) where it will be assigned to a Procurement Officer.
- The assigned DGS Procurement Officer, along with the DBM Audit Compliance Unit Manager, reviews the TORFP and recommends changes and corrections as necessary. Upon completion of the final review, the DGS analyst approves the TORFP for release and sends an email authorizing the Agency to proceed with TORFP release.
- The Small Business Reserve (SBR) TORFP task order process is the same with the exception that only qualified SBR MCs may propose to a SBR TORFP. The resulting TOA may then only be awarded to a qualified MC that meets the statutory qualifications of a Small Business as defined in SFP §14-501(c), Annotated Code of Maryland, and is registered with the Department of General Services, Small Business Reserve Program at the time of Task Order award.