Wellness Program Information
Thinking about starting a fitness routine and eating better? Or, maybe you're thinking about how to reduce stress, quit tobacco, and improve your overall health. "Make The Call, Take the Call" Wellness Coaching can help!
Caring for you in mind, body, and spirit
Emotional well-being is essential to your overall health. Positive mental health allows you to realize your full potential, cope with the stressors of life, and work productively. But when the stressors of life are overwhelming, your emotional health can be challenged. Please know that we’re committed to helping you achieve and maintain optimal mental, physical, and emotional health. Here are emotional well-being resources to support you.
Public Emotional Wellbeing Resources
Medical Plan Emotional Wellbeing Resources
March 2023 Wellness Newsletter
This month, we have a new fun activity challenge that rewards you for moving your body - perfect for Spring!
A fun, new challenge starts March 6!
It's time to wake up our bodies as we get back to the basics of moving in this fun challenge! The "Back to Basics Activity Challenge" goal is to accumulate at least 50,000 steps a week over 4 weeks, from 3/6 through 4/3, for a grand total of 200,000 steps. You can record your steps when walking is your chosen activity and enjoy other activities like biking, swimming, and dancing - they count, too, because it's easy to convert activity minutes to steps using the step converter on the challenge portal. This encourages you to mix it up - we promise no boredom in this challenge! To learn more and to register, visit the March Wellness Newsletter
We have more new and fun Wellness opportunities for you this month:
- Mindful Mondays focus on Self-Compassion by offering a 4-part series on the benefits of self-compassion to physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Tuesday Wellness from the Kitchen sessions will have you Spring Into Flavor with Flavor is King, Scallops and Rice Noodle salad, and Vietnamese Summer Rolls!
- Our very own Amy Hatfield, R.D. kicks off our brand new "Meal Prepping Made Easy" series in our Wednesday Healthy U sessions. Learn how making every meal can be an easier process (even if you love to cook!), how to make veggies delicious, and how to please picky eaters.
- Thursday's Health Promotion takes a look at the magic of movement, the surprising benefits of moving, and how to Get Moving!
- NEW! Friday's Unwind Time meditations are now twice on Fridays! We provide 2 options each Friday for you to unwind: 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. Need a double dose? Join us for both!
Special event on Tuesday, 3/7:
Introducing the "Your Money Matters" series!
In the new monthly "Your Money Matters Series sponsored by MetLife, we'll offer topics that are important to you, such as Women and Investing, Building Wealth in the Black Community, Planning with Pride, The Parent Guide to Kids and Money, the Basics of Social Security, and more!